July 15, 2020
As Chicago continues to progress in its staged reopening, Lakeside Pride is excited to begin rehearsals with strict limitations. Below are guidelines the Board has approved to ensure our members can return to playing in a safe, controlled environment:
- Rehearse at your own discretion/risk, and only if you feel comfortable doing so. Lakeside Pride will not be held liable for any illness contracted from a Lakeside Pride rehearsal or event.
- We must and will follow current federal, state, and city guidelines on the number of people permitted in a room.
- If you cannot rehearse at least 6 feet from the person next to you, then rehearsals will not be permitted.
- If you can rehearse outdoors, please do so.
- Masks are required when arriving and departing rehearsal, and anytime you’re not playing your instrument. If you can wear a mask while rehearsing, do it.
- If you answer yes to any of the following questions or do not feel well, do not come to rehearsal:
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days, including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing?
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- In the last 14 days have you, or someone you have been in close contact with, been in an area that is currently under a shelter-in-place order, experiencing a severe spike in infections, or under a US travel ban restriction?
- Have you recently been in a high risk environment, such as a large group gathering or an enclosed space with multiple people, or an airplane?
- Please continue to adhere to common sense hygiene practices, including regular handwashing and avoiding touching your face.
- All ensemble leaders are required to take attendance at each rehearsal. Attendance will be tracked and must be submitted within 24 hours of a rehearsal. This will only be used in case of an emergency as a means of contact tracing should an outbreak arise.
If the State of Illinois and/or the City of Chicago returns to Phase 3, we will return to shutting down all rehearsals and events.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Lakeside Pride Music Ensembles Board of Directors
March 12, 2020
Good afternoon Lakeside Pride Friends and Family,
In an abundance of caution to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Chicago, Lakeside Pride will be suspending all in-person gatherings, performances and rehearsals until May 15, 2020 with immediate effect.
The following performances have been cancelled :
Wilde Cabaret Performance – March 21, Sidetrack
Symphonic Band Concert – April 4, DePaul University
Jazz Orchestra Concert – April 18, Center on Halsted
Wilde Cabaret Performance – April 25, Sidetrack
Latin Band Performance – May 9, Center on Halsted
All previously purchased tickets can be refunded. However, we encourage you to consider your previously purchased ticket as a donation to Lakeside Pride to help us during this challenging time.
We understand this is a difficult time for our Lakeside Pride family, as our greatest joy is to share our music with the community and to stay connected with our Lakeside Pride friends. We encourage you to check on your loved ones and make sure they have what’s needed, physically and emotionally, to get through these challenging times.
Thank you for your continued support of Lakeside Pride. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Board of Directors
Lakeside Pride Music Ensembles