With our roots dating back to the very first Chicago Pride Parade in 1979, Lakeside Pride Music Ensembles has been at the heart of the local LGBTQA community. Our mission is to use the universal language of music to spread a message of love and acceptance. Following three years of unprecedented growth and recognition, now is the time for us to expand our reach as we – quite literally – sound the trumpet and help lead the charge toward social justice in Chicago and across the country.
We are excited to announce our second annual Take the Stage Gala on Saturday, March 7th on the enclosed-for-our-event stage at the stunning Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park! Your sponsorship will help provide the financial resources needed to fully equip and transport our ensembles that perform for over one million people annually. Lakeside Pride has transformed into more than a music organization. We are ready to take the next step in serving our community and spreading our message.
Lakeside Pride At A Glance
- Three major ensembles:
- Symphonic Band
- Jazz Orchestra
- Marching Band
- Over a dozen chamber ensembles
- 250 talented volunteer musicians and crew
- Over 50 performances last season
- Audiences of over one million last season
- Inductee into the Chicago LGBT Hall of Fame
- Joint performances with Chicago Gay Mens Chorus, Artemis Singers, Windy City Performing Arts, and ResonaTe
- Founding Member of the Lesbian and Gay Band Association
- Sister ensemble with the London Gay Symphony Winds
Next March, we will host our second annual gala with the following goals:
- Establish a new tradition that will allow us to expand our programming reach to wider and more diverse audiences.
- Raise $30,000 that will go directly toward equipment maintenance and transportation.
- Lay the groundwork to expand our leadership in the LGBTQA community locally and nationally.
Your generosity will help us achieve these goals and so many more.