Field Trip: Autumn Harvest Day Trip
The autumn is upon us! This year, Lakeside Pride will be taking a day trip to north-central IL (90 minutes west of Chicago, in the outskirts of DeKalb) to the Jonamac Orchard!
The Jonamac Orchard, which has free entry and a bunch of fun activities you can choose from a la carte, includes the following:
– a GIANT corn maze ($5)
– apple picking ($13 for a 1/2 peck bag (5 lbs), $26 for a full peck)
– pumpkin patch (including pick-your-own-pumpkins, if you want)
– a cider brewery with $5 apple cider and apple wine tasting
– homemade kettle corn
– homemade old fashioned cake donuts
– homemade pies
– AND private campfire sites with seasoned apple wood for $30 for 2-25 people (that’s $30 split among everyone, not per person). S’MORES AND HOT DOGS AND CIDER AND FRIENDS!
Note: This is a family-friendly location, so it will be a dry event. Also, how much you do depends on how much you wanna pay. Depending on what you purchase, it could be anywhere from $10ish to $50ish.
Everyone interested, please fill out this car pool form (even if you don’t need a ride) by the end of the day October 9th: https://goo.gl/forms/
Find us on Facebook!