Lakeside Pride Music Ensembles, Inc. is currently soliciting applications for the position of Artistic Director for the Lakeside Pride Marching Band. Successful applicants to this contract position will have experience teaching music (specifically in a marching band setting), strong communication skills, an organized approach to ensemble leadership, and a vision for the direction of the ensemble. Current members of Lakeside Pride are encouraged to apply, however candidates to not need to be a current member of the organization to be considered.
Responsibilities of the Artistic Director include:
- Planning efforts for each marching season, including music selection, applications to parades and other marching performances, and scheduling of rehearsals and performances.
- Conducting rehearsals as required for the ensemble.
- Logistical coordination of rehearsals and performances, including transportation of equipment, distribution of uniforms, volunteer helpers, warm up, step off, and return of all equipment and uniforms after each performance.
- Direct responsibility for the security and care of all marching equipment and uniforms.
- Fitting and assignment of uniforms to members of the ensemble at the start of each marching season.
- Collaboration with the drum majors.
- Collaboration with the color guard and baton guard.
- Establishment and ongoing nurturing of partnerships with other community organizations in the Chicagoland area for the purposes of mutual benefit, potential exposure or performances for the marching band, and other collaborative efforts.
The selected candidate will take on the position immediately upon selection by the committee appointed by the Board of Directors. The Artistic Director will receive and annual stipend of $1,000.
Applicants are required to submit a letter of interest, resume, and three letters of recommendation. Additional materials may be submitted at the discretion of the applicant. Submission should be sent to email@example.com
Questions about this position can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.